Software Engineer: Full-Stack with DevOps Focus
About the Role
Trustate is looking for a Software Engineer with a love for building out front end functionality to solve customer problems. Engineers at Trustate know how to take responsibility and ownership for all aspects of building software and supporting it in production. You will work directly with others on the engineering team to implement our technical strategy and provide input, building out our platform as we scale.
What You'll Do
- Build software! This role will primarily work on developing our platform.
- Participate in design, architecture and prioritization discussions with engineers and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Provide production support for existing application features and push all software advancements into UAT and production environments.
- Maintain and optimize our AWS infrastructure.
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we're building the right systems and keeping the quality high.
- Provide input into software lifecycle, improvement, and standardization strategies.
- Work to automate management tasks, streamline processes, and improve reliability, uptime, efficiency, consistency, and security throughout the software and infrastructure.
- Work to comply with all cybersecurity measures needed to implement products at financial institutions.
- Help drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast-paced startup environment.
- A full stack developer that has experience navigating a complex AWS infrastructure and has a desire to find ways to optimize it.
- Experience with back-end development: Node.js, microservices, and relational/NoSQL databases. Familiarity working on front end functionality (React.js, CSS, etc).
- Knowledge of software lifecycle processes and tools, breaking down big picture ideas into engineering tasks.
- Experience working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users.
- Creative problem solver who can draw upon deep technical expertise to solve complex, multi-layered problems.
- A strong appreciation for engineering best practices and quality over quantity of work.
- A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity.
- A knack for effective and clear communication in all circumstances.
- Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.